1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b Or B16a?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by luVTEC, Mar 8, 2003.

1. luVTEC

luVTEC Senior Member

It seems that the B18B swap is cheaper than the B16a and is better for stop/go daily driving (more TQ), then why is the b16a seem to be so much more popular? :huh:

I know that the B16a is faster than the B18b in the 1/4 mile, but unless you are drag racing regularly then what does it matter? daily driving is way different then 1/4 drag racing :blink: it seems that the B18B is the better deal, then why do more people preffer B16a?

2. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

because people want ViTECH y0!!!1!!1

honestly, i used to be for a stock b16 over a stock LS... which i still am. but if you take the extra money that would be spent on a b16 and put it into modding an LS, it would be faster both on the track and during daily driving... which i learned by reading a post by pissedoffsol. i'll come back and exit this post if i can find the thread, it was a great debate between b16 vs. LS.

3. luVTEC

luVTEC Senior Member

would a GSR tranny help the LS very much? :huh: or would that kill its price advantage <_<

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Here is B's statement regarding the B16 vs. B18B

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

do a search- this has been coverd 213123131232341.9 times

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted