B18b Or B17a?

What should i drop in my hb?

• b17a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • d15 haha

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ90hb

Hey, i found out to pretty good deals. Both have cable trannys. The b18b has a few bolts ons & 70k miles and the b17a is stock and i'm not sure of miles....which would be better? say they are the same price too....

ya it should but he is selling it with a 93 i beleive gsr tranny because he had this swap in his car, he converted it to obd0

Why do more people favor the b17a over the b18b? I mean since the b18b has some bolt ons, it should be close hp wise, right?

Originally posted by civ90hb@Apr 30 2003, 05:48 PM
Why do more people favor the b17a over the b18b? I mean since the b18b has some bolt ons, it should be close hp wise, right?

That's what I say

dude, ya the b18b might be close with some bolt on's. but bolt those on the b17 and it will stomp the b18b. think of it like this man, if u add the same parts to both engines, the b17a will always come out on top. enough said. buy the b17a. unless ur going turbo, get b17a.

Well see that's the thing....i might go all motor....i might go turbo.....i am going to just buy them both....i'm getting a killer deal....$1000 each, sound like a good deal?

Just get the B17 and spend the other $1000 on some cams and a ITR Intake manifold. Or get the B18 and spend the $1000 on Turbo parts, either way will work out, but you have to pick one NA or Turbo. The NA B17 will make you very fast in that car. Hey do you have the STD tranny still by any chance?

Get the B17... the tranny on it is good, too. Its nice and short, unlike the long ass piece of shit LS tranny. Or.... buy both and go LS/VTEC with the gsr tranny :D

the b17 will rock, I want a B17 bad... I have just not been able to source one for a good price, if you put a few bolt ons on the B17, that b17 will rock out...

B18C1 with the B17 tranny. You aren't going to find many "good" prices on a B17. The engine is just rare. Other than that it is kind of dissapointing. All you are buying is a rare engine.

well just to let you know both engines come with a 93 gsr tranny and yes i do still have my std tranny for the guy who wanted to know and i figure i can get each 1 for $1000 with everything so i am gonna buy both & then sell 1....

Haha no thanks. I decided to buy both & sell the b17a on e-bay here shortly. I can buy it for alot cheaper than what i get to sell it for.

Back