B18B or B18C swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi94

whats up ya'll I am thinking of getting either a B18B or B18C gsr swap. This is my daily driver so i cant be getting a c5 or nothing like that. hahahaha but anyways i want to hit 12s without nitrous. I want to turbo the engine aswell. I was thinking or either getting a B18C gsr then do some internals like pistons what not then turbo, or the B18B with a type r head. I know i will need some internal work for the turbo and other sutff like injectors and all but which one is worth is. I found a B18B engine for $850 engine only and found a B18C gsr $2700 full swap except axles. What do you all think?

And what exactly is wrong with a C5 for a daily driver?

What kinda car is this going into? :huh:

I'd go with the GSR for $2700, then turbo that for probably another $3200, and in the 12's, depending on the car.

I haven't seen a C5 for under $4000... :p

I got my full 97 GSR w/ 75k swap for 2000 and that came with all his back brakes. you can find them cheaper there 2700 look around.

well i have a 98 civic coupe. and the engine swap for $2700 is at www.osakajdmmotors.com You got yours for 2k. was it legit and clean? where did you get yours?There are places that also have'em for 2700 and 2800 but im stuck on 2000

osaka sucks.

do NOT buy from them.

if the motor comes, you will be lucky.
if it runs, you will be even luckier.
if you do'nt have to spend 2k to replace all the broken shit on it, you will be 1/131232 who haven't.

hmotorsonline.com, raceup.com

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 26 2004, 05:47 AM
osaka sucks.

do NOT buy from them.

if the motor comes, you will be lucky.
if it runs, you will be even luckier.
if you do'nt have to spend 2k to replace all the broken shit on it, you will be 1/131232 who haven't.

hmotorsonline.com, raceup.com

:werd: :withstupid:
oh, the horror

o. ok i didnt know. BUt i have heard alot of good stuff about hmotorsonline. But the reason i put the c5 out is because the c5s are expensive and my not take a good turbo for a daily driver and the b16 is out cuz they are alittle too common at my local track and i think the gsr or something else will give me the edge. Of course the turbo will but i need a platform that will perform ya know. But thats again for the feedback and the lookout on osakamotors. Please continue and help me out hear on this swap. Again i have a 98 civic coupe ex. what ya'll think?

C5's are what, about $4100-4500 complete? Trust me, it will be hard to get that kind of power out of a GSR for a thousand bucks.

true...im just alittle hesitate cuz it will be daily driven and if something breaks it will be hella $$$$ to get the parts. But the places i am looking at right now is www.hmotorsonline.com www.totaljdm.com www.jhpusa.com so.....or get a gsr and put a B16A head or get a B16A with a Gsr block and internals. Because the gsr has a stronger block correct? But i hear that the SiR has a stronger VTEC head...is this true?Im not trying to be cheap or nothing im just trying not to spend extra money. Ya know like a good place may have a gsr for 3300 and another good place may have it for 3000 or something ya know. But yeah keep it coming and thanks to all those who gave me some feedback.

Hiho, my first Posting ... some good tip ! In the last time i looked around for some new Motor for my Coupe in Japan and i must say if you dont know the guys who sell the stuff you have the risk on your side to get a racing motor... japans motor halls are full of this motors ! They are raced about 40-50k but its like 200k or more for the motor... so be shure you get a clean, good and unraced motor from oversea !

Sorry for bad spelling iam no american :p

how much boost do you plan on running...anything over 10 # you might as well just use the b18b head and have it worked (ie P&P, 3 angle valve job etc) After 10# of boost vtec doenst make a difference. But if you want to keep it under 10# then go for the ls/vtec.

for daily driving yeah ima have it low but i will push out whatever it takes to in the 12s...20psi. ? whatever But the only thing i hear about the lsvtec setup is that it wont last too long. I was thinking of getting a B18B block with a B18C type r head with a turbo. But i hear from some that the B18B block can only take so much and isnt reliable for high boost and rpm from the type r head. Is this true or false? Because i can save some money going this route. o and with a B16 tranny lsd maybe. i dunno

wow your going in all kinds of directions! take a deep breath, sitback and think about it for longer than a minute, what do i really want?

gsr swap with a turbo kit or ls with a turbo kit

ls is perfect for boost because of the low compression as is the gsr.

or you could just drop a type r motor in and be done.

hmotorsonline.com should be your choice. ive read bad on totaljdm on h-t i dont know if its true or not butyou never know, with hmotors you know it will be fine

Back