b18b pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Osbee330

i have a 94 ls motor. it is out of the car right now so i want to put new pistons/rods in. i have been reading that pr3/p30 pistons from a b16 work great in the ls. i have also read that stock internals arent good if you are pushing over 300hp. will b16 pistons work or should i get pistons such as JE.

i am doing cams, header, intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust,pistons, rods, cam gears and prolly some other stuff. i lil while down the road im prolly gonna turbo it. would the p30/pr3 rods fit in the ls?

Originally posted by Osbee330@May 11 2004, 04:31 PM
i am doing cams, header, intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust,pistons, rods, cam gears and prolly some other stuff. i lil while down the road im prolly gonna turbo it. would the p30/pr3 rods fit in the ls?

yes, the b16a pistons do fit the ls rods. its pretty high comp. for boost though we have the same set up in our daily driver it putting @ 10.9.1 ball park

Yeah, I'd stay with the pr4's if you are gonna boost. It isn't the pistons that can't take a lot of power, it is the rods, and if you are gonna go over like 225 whp, I'd suggest a vtec oil pump for good measure. Forget the throttle body, sink the money that you save into some head work. How much is the TB? Like $250-300. I am getting my b16a head a 5 angle valve job, mild pnp of the intake and exhaust ports, and portmatching of the intake manifold and intake ports for like 900, so I'd just spend a little extra money on that. A bigger TB is not going to help unless you are revving to like 10k, or wayyyyy overboring the motor.

Back