B18B questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well ive been poking around all the places i can find to get a USDM b20 and let me tell you.... I cant find one. Not here anyways... i guess san diego has a shortage or something. So i'm going to go with pissedoffsol's advice and get a B18B. There are a million of them around here. So my questions are these:

Ive heard that as fas as oem componants on the LS the intake manifold is shit, and the tranny is super long. What would you all reccomend? I suppose a tranny swap would be good, but I've heard if i put a b16 tranny on it, id be cruising on freeway at 65mph at about 4k rpm... Now thats rediculous... i do a LOT of freeway driving... so would a GSR tranny be a good swap? Ive heard that its 1st - 4th gears are nice and short but then 5th opens up nicely for freeway cruising. Any opinions? And as far as the intake manifold goes, should i look for a GSR one as well? Or any other suggestions? Remember i want everything to be carb exempt. Too many cops. So that rules out skunk2 intake manny or something similar. Also any other bolt on ideas for a nice streetable LS would be greatly appreciated. I'll probly end up getting cams as well, cuz cops cant SEE those if they pop my hood *grins*

planned bolt ons:
CARB Exempt CAI
CARB Exempt headers
MSD SCI Ignition
tranny/intake manny/throttle body?
Gude cams
Some kind of computer (Hondata maybe?)

Sorry about the loads of questions.... Im information hungry i guess...

Do you plan to make this an LS/Vtec? Cuzz if not, a GSR intake manifold will not fit on your LS head. :thumbsdown:

Not planning on ls/vtec... no
Just a nice streetable dependable LS lightly built

if gsr intake manny wont fit... what will?

Back