b18b questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JFR32988

i have a question i got a b18b takin out off a 97...therefore making it a obd2 engine/ecu i want to put it in my 93 hatch which has a z6 OBD1 right now....for the b18 eventually i want to tune the car so i want obd1 ecu i know i have to use a b18b ecu(p75).....can i jus drop the engine in and use a OBD1 b18b computer(because it will plug right into my car) will there be any problems or codes? or will it even run?>

well from what I've read on the subject the only difference in the wiring would be the connectors on the ODB2 dizzy, so I would sugest using the ODB1 ECU and an ODB1 dizzy and you should be fine, plug and play....or if you feel like it you can easily fab up you own dizzy connector and still keep you ODB2 dizzy. Thats what i would sugest, but you might want to see what others say cause there are ppl here who know more then I do.

that still helped bro thanks, from what im hearin now i can just use a OBD1 comp its just one sensor will have to made longer i guess thanks man

no worries,

you might wanna also have a look at the injector plugs, i'm not sure they are the same from ODB1 to ODB2, but if they aren't thats easy enough to fix since the actual wiring should be all the same.

it will work btu all u have to do is a an obd2 to obd1 conversion harness and it will work not having to change ur dizzy or anythign much easier

Back