1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18b-r tranny?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by GOfmf, Jan 23, 2008.

1. GOfmf

GOfmf New Member

hey everyone im brand new to the site and i really hope this is the right spot to post this. Ok i have a 93 gsr shell with an ls/vtec set up b18b1 block and b16a head...i am currently running an LS tranny and i really want to change it. i know if i go hydrolic i will have to convert it...what do i need to do to convert it? and my main question is should i go for a b16b tranny or an integra b18c type r tranny...i saw in an article on here that the jdm type r with the 4.7 final drive is best for all motor application, and thats what i'm about...will this tranny be a big gain for my car? or should i go for a b16b? i'm really looking for it to be faster and this 91' LS tranny is really holding me back. thanks in advance

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

4.7 type r tranny all the way..

3. GOfmf

GOfmf New Member

i just realized i titled the thread wrong...i meant to put b18c-r

4. GOfmf

GOfmf New Member

not in gear ratios, but can anyone tell me how fast the type r tranny will get in each gear revving to 8,000 rpms in mph?or is there a calculator anywhere on the site?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted