1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b route

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by nealo, Jul 1, 2003.

1. nealo

nealo Senior Member

I've finally made up my mind for my 94 Civic Si. After contemplating on how difficult it would be to smog a jdm engine (b16 sir II) or a OBD2 engine (b16a2) in California, I've taken the easy way out and decided to search for a OBD1 USDM b18b to put into my Hatch. The engine will most likely be built with a slight chance of turbo in the distant future. Questions are; will i really feel and preform much different from the stock sohc vtec engine (d16z6) already in my car? If not should i just build and possibly turbo the d16? And whats the average price on having a b18b installed into a civic? :spin: Your help would greatly be appreciated.

2. darwins_vtech

darwins_vtech Senior Member

Unless you find a cheap turbo kit you will spend more turboing your D16 then you will by swaping a B18. When you by a turbo, you need a lot of new parts ,acces. and you will still need to get it tuned. The swap is a much easier route to go. GSR's aren't bad motors and you will have less of a chance of blowing something up like with a turbo. Swap is definetly the way to go.

3. nealo

nealo Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted