b18b swap in 96 EK HIGH IDLE HELP!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostedek9

hey guy i have recently swapped a b18b into my 96 hatch. when i first start the car up when its cold the rpm's shoot up to like 2100-2400 then when it warms up it drops to 1600. when i shut it off and restart the car it will be at 800 where its supposed to be. ive searched and found nothing to help me out.

Q: how do i fix this problem and what are the causes of this?
thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.

its a 94 block converted to obd2. i did chck for codes and i got code 91. iam converting to obd1 in a week so iam not to worried a boot that code. have not checked idle air valve. what do i check for

make sure the screen inside the valve is clean and make sure you have no bubbles in the coolant.

also might wanna make sure the fast idle thermo valve is adjusted. basically just remove if from the throttle body, there is a screw inside and snug it down (do not TIGHTEN it, just make sure its snug...when you feel resistance, stop turning).

Code 91 just comes from not putting the gas cap on tight enough. clear it and it should stop coming up if the cap is on (3 clicks).

Back