B18B swap in a 92- 95 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the wiring is the same, if you get one from similar years, ex..92-95 integra..

i got mine from a buddy who wrecked his integra... i could have done it in a day, but i caught hell getting the crank pulley bolt off to put on the new timing belt on.. where do you live, and how much do you want to spend?a good site is www.nippon-motors.com, and www.hmotorsonline.com, i will sell you mine if you want it...

If you decide to get the obd2 model, the ONLY things you will have to do is-

1. Sell the obd2 ecu and get one from a obd1 ls

2. Run a tach signal wire from the distributor to the tach.

we ordered a jdm b16a (sir1) full swap for one of our customers from JSPEC, and that bastard sucked... had to buy a new distributor, and it had a bad transmission... popped out of 4th and 5th gears.. i would say RACEUP.com, or MMRusa.com

what area in mo cause i know a shop in springfield that does work like that i ll lookkkk up nuber and get back to u with it

everything from a b18b1 to a 92-95 civic is plug and play should only take about 7 hrs. dependingif no trouble arouses........you will need engine b18b1, non-vtec.tranny,shift linkage from90-93 integra,94+integra or 93 del sol si. axles and radiator from integra. Remember to drain all fluids and to put new oil, belts, and coolant and have fun withyour new engine.......

the del sol Si has a D series engine the shift linkage wont work.... the Del Sol VTEC has a B16A3 but that shift linkage still wont work on a civic... you can use the radiator from a del sol or any other civic with VTEC and it will work just as well as the Integra radiator, and it will be easier due to not needing to make new radiator mounts... you can use any B series tranny you want except the CRV or old ass Prelude Si (not that anyone would actually want those trannys anyway though)

Just my $0.02 ....

I did the B18B swap into my 95 civic. I did not have to change my DX radiator. I keep excellent temperatures, but it is winter here. I haven't been able to get my cooling fans to come on since before I did the engine swap... tried a new relay and everything. Even without that, the engine runs great, and I was there for the swap if anyone cares to ask questions.... email me.

-h

Hey thanks for all the help guys, ill check into thoes other sites to. :D

Back