B18b swap in ek help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jason eden

Hi I have a 98 ek hatch and I'm trying to put b18b in it I want to bar it. I have motor ecu , shift linkage , axles and evap system off 98 integra. I know I need T bracket off em1 and I got to buy all the 1 mounts motor and trams. Is this all right so far ?? What motor harness do I need ??? ( would like to get one that has the wires for vtec ). Just incase I decide to do that lol. Will I be ok with smog if wire is there ? Should just be dead wire and have no codes right ? Thanks for any help. I'm in ca.

Sounds like you're on the right track. You will want to retain your stock harness. It should have just about every plug you need on it without vtec. Getting the bay harness won't make you plug and play anyway, as you'll still need to run from the cannon plug to the ecu if you do decide to go vtec head later. I can't say for certain it will pass BAR but I don't see why it wouldn't... the ecu would never know it's there. it would just be random copper in the engine bay connected to nothing on either end.

What's cannon plug ? I can't run the integra ecu to my dash and motor harness direct ? If both are 98 ? I have no harness in motor bay so I guess I'll look for a vtec one

this is a cannon plug:
howtorewirevtec2.jpg

connects the 2 parts of the harness (engine/chassis) you pretty much don't even want to think about replacing the dash harness.

Back