B18B Swap Question Please Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilCamaroSS

Ok.. I have a wrecked 96 Integra LS Automatic. As soon as i find a GSR or LS tranny for cheap I'll be swapping the D16Y7 motor out of my 97 Civic LX 4dr and swapping in the LS motor and tranny. I'm trying to gather up everything i need before i start the swap... So here is the scenario:

I have a wrecked (in the rear) 96 Acura Integra LS Automatic.
I have a 1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr 5spd.

What parts do I need out of the Integra and What parts do I need from an outside source to complete this swap? I'm talking a complete list sort of thing. Also Dont assume I know anything Pretend your telling a complete idiot what they need (I'm car inclined just not honda inclined).. Thanks for all info!

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 18 2004, 02:33 PM
only extra things you will need, is flywheel clutch and linkage, rest is pull and then drop in.
[post=391901]Quoted post[/post]​

do i need motor mounts or ac brakets or anything liek that?

yes you are i am doing almost the same thing i am doing a swap in my 97 4dr lx i am putting in a b16 tho this is what you are going to do is use the two mounts the one in the rear and the one for the tranny the one on the driver side is different then the bseries mount. you can use the mount that is in there but you are going to have to use a bracket from a 99 si not the mount the bracket that the mount goes from the engine block to the mount itself i have a web site for you

http://home.att.net/~eddsp/6gswap.html

this should help you out
and he was right all you need is the shift linkage the axles and the intermediate shaft and the ecu even the wiring harness you have will work fine
take the wiring harness out with the engine don't disconnect anything it will drop in and you can plug in right away if you need any help let me know and yes you will need a flywheel and clutch for your new tranny and make sure you put your flywheel to torque spec that your flywheel needs and also your clutch it is not hard but make sure you do it when the engine is out it makes it so much easier

Back