1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18b swap troubles still...throwin more codes

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by a_integra_87, Jan 18, 2006.

1. a_integra_87

a_integra_87 Member

97 jdm b18b in 97 cx hatch. with 97 5speed p75 ecu from ebay....(could be the problem right there)

Im really starting to think/hope my ECU is bad. I had a few others tell me that could be the case, but i cant see spending at least $75-100 on another p75 ecu to find i get the same codes with that ECU.
    I have been messing with my car for days on end, I have already missed my date to get painted by a week and really really need to get it out of my garage by friday to head to paint. Im throwing 3 codes and the one that really annoys me the most is code p0141 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2. The other codes are TPS/pedal position switch circuit A low voltage, and Manufacturer controlled ignition or misfire.
    To start, im pretty sure i narrowed down the misfire code. It DOES have a miss at idle and after replacing the plugs, wires, cap, rotor im pretty sure i found the one injector that is a little clogged. So i ordered a new one that should be here friday.

Secondly the TPS, I already replaced my OEM one becasue it was cracked with this one that came off a perfect running d15 motor. I tried to check it like the Helms says with .45v at idle and 5v at WOT. Well at idle im getting 0.00 volts, then opening the throttle it goes to 4.99v.

Lastly the one that I dont understand at all is the heater circuit for the o2 sensor. I have 2 other o2 sensors that i swapped in and still get the same code after resetting the ECu or clearing them with my scanner. I also just unplugged the primary sensor to check if it threw that code unplugged and it did. I also plugged in the sensors that were spares to the primary sensor and they all went fine with no CEL so i know they are good.

I traced all the wires, and checked them with a DVOM and got battery voltage where i should, and no voltage where i shouldnt, also my resistance was in spec for the sensor i was using. Im at a total loss here.
    Besides the misfire the car idles fine and sounds good. Revs good as well. Just need to check ignition timing.
    Not that it matters because im not throwing a code for that but for now i have NO CAT. But even checking with my scanner since my car was never drove since the swap the catalyst is not ready when you check the status on the scanner.

I just really want to be able to drive this thing after 4 weeks sitting on jackstands in my garage.

2. a_integra_87

a_integra_87 Member

Is there a way to test the ecu at the points that would give power or a signal to the o2 sensor heater circuit?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted