B18b swapping questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

I have a '92 Civic Si and I wanna swap the engine with a B18b OBD-1 but I have a bunch of questions and this is be all motor.

What type of tranny should I get if im gonna boost it?
Do I need motor mounts or is it direct bolt on?
If I run 7psi what upgrades will I have to make?
If I run 10psi what upgrades will I have to make?
What modifications do I need to make this engine fit and work properly?

Please let me know from the best of your knowledge......Thanks

you should get a hydraulic trany
for a vtec you need to get aftermarket motor mounts there about 400$
for running 10psi you should build up the internals like the Crank, rods, pistons ect ect.

You will need the obd1 integra ecu, axles, and im not 100% sure on the eg's but im pretty sure you will need all integra motor mounts.
as for the boost questions,
7 psi - no internal mods
10 psi - no internal mods

boost is completely dependent upon the tune, and the quality of parts you buy. buy a nice turbo kit, not an ssautocrap or anything like that, and get it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, you'll be happy.

You have chosen one of the best motors out there for boost btw..

if you are asking what tranny to get as far as an ls, gsr, type r, or b16, i would go with the ls or gsr for longer gears. i know that you can boost 12 psi on stock internals with a t3/t4, my friend was running mid 12's with that setup. he was tuned really good though. you would want to upgrade your fuel system though. hope this helps. also he had stock integra mounts

use the upper passenger side tranny mount off the civics tranny. i just did an ls swap into my 92 hatch and i had to use it

the only mount i had issues with is the back triangle mount the auto and manual mount for the back in an integra are diff. You have to use the man one.

Back