b18b to 7200rpms!!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

finally hooked up a 95 B18b with 60,000 miles on it. Going into a 92 Si hatchback. What cam/valve/retainer combo is common with this engine? My plan right now since the motor is out to do a little buildup. Going turbo within a year so the combo needs to be turbo compatible. I'm also looking to be able to rev it safely to 7200 rpms which is the redline on the D16z6 that is being replaced. I read through the B series cam guide but that mostly refers to B18c engines. Anyone have experience with this or can make recommendations. Thanks

you dont need to upgrade anything to rev 7200 on the stock motor but you wont make any more power up there.

for a turbo B18 crower 402's with crower dual springs+ retainers will work well.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Oct 22 2004, 06:47 PM
you dont need to upgrade anything to rev 7200 on the stock motor but you wont make any more power up there.

for a turbo B18 crower 402's with crower dual springs+ retainers will work well.
[post=406332]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Oct 22 2004, 08:47 PM

[post=406332]Quoted post[/post]​

i've read about the crower's, so basically they make power in the useable range of the B18b and nothing above 6800rpms!?? Since i'm not going turbo for a few months yet after the engine install, will the crower 402's with the springs and retainers be ok for N/A for a little bit?? I'm just tryin to decide i guess if its worth doing this now while the engine is out.

yes they will be fine for now. they have a bigger lift and duration so you will get little gains but will see a difference with the turbo.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Oct 23 2004, 11:45 AM
yes they will be fine for now. they have a bigger lift and duration so you will get little gains but will see a difference with the turbo.
[post=406495]Quoted post[/post]​

cool, thanks

I would put a vtec head on there and call it a day.

EDIT: With the correct oil pump and all the other shit of course...

Back