B18b Turbo In A Del-sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EdrikLongtail

Hello, Im a Eagle talon guy and stayed away from honda's befor i knew somewhat the truth. Call me a non-believer so to speak <_< :rolleyes: . But I wana do something different which really not done where i live.. b18b Del-sol that is turboed but somewhat street leagle :D :p and i use streetleagle very loosely.. But could use ur input befor i make a fadel mistake and or lose intrest by doing something stupid. Plz i wish to be flamed (ok not really,lol) and critzied about it (not my spelling though) also would like some help with transmssions

car-93 del-sol obd-1
Engine swap 94-95( b18b obd1)
Axels- 94-97 Axels from the Del-sol
Transmission- Hasport comes with a coversion kit to turn into cable but thats only 96 and up.. am i safe?,or do I have to go to cable like 96 and up engines?
Mounts- Hassport Engine Mounts also same with trans. Or stock civic or intega mounts ( could use some input here too)
ShiftLinkage- 94-97 del-sol shift linkage
----Performence
Port and polished head
b18b Stroker kit-Crower
Cams- Crower
Intake-AEM
Cat back Exhaust 3"-Could use some help for one exhausts.. only can find 2.5"
Nos single shot 60-100 shot-NoS or ZeX
Venom/Edalbroke-Intake manifold
65-75 Diamater New Intake inlet(butterfly)
Turbo- 20G or 60-1 Trim.-Garrert Turbo
Boost Controler-Greedy
A/F Gauge-AutoMeter
Boost Gauge-AutoMeter
Fuel psi Gauge-AutoMeter
Engine Temp Gauge-AutoMeter
Ecu upgrade- Rev limiter at 9xxx rpm's?? Or Aem's or Emanager or Hondata whcih one good for a non-vtec turbo motor?
Wastegauge-Tail-exturnal
Blowoff valve- From a 1g Eclipse
Injectors- 550 or 720?.. also could use a site on some good injectors.
Fuel Rail-AEM
PSI regulator- AEM
Honda Turbo Manifold-Could use some info on finding one also
Small Side mounted Radator-Could use a site or to
Fan-Super Slim Single Fan-Need a little more info
Valve Springs-Crower
Rockers-Crower

What should a be a safe PSI in a b18b. I wana ram as much boost as i can by having a stable A/F ratio But don't wana kill it the 1st time out. 10-14 psi?

I know this is a long list. Im gona ask the del-sol form help also with the engine swap but Far as performence I wish to get info from alot of people just not my home town :p ,Plz as i said Im very sorry about my grammer and spelling but i was trying to type this in a real hurry :( :angry:

woooah boy. alright. That will be a pretty unstoppable setup if it all gets put together correctly, but so far the only thing I see is that you have nitrous + turbo + stroke. Now, I would reccomend putting the whole turbo/b18 together before you add nitrous. nitrous will only complicate and already complicated process. And since your swapping the whole thing, just keep the tranny from the b18.... no need for conversions. I doubt you really want the del sol tranny? It's just making things more complicated than they need to be. b18 trannys are easy to come by and relatively inexpensive. As far as *safe* psi, from that turbo, it all depends on how build your engine is. I don't see anything like that on your list. For the most power and reliability, your going to want a resleeve/block guard, titanium valve springs, retainers, valves etc. I'm not a turbo size expert, but a 20g is pretty large. I would guess your max would be somewhere around 20 psi with a fully built motor, but that part I am not sure about. As far as what it can handle stock - with that turbo I would say only 5-9 psi, and even that might be pushing the limits. But keep in mind with a large turbo, 5-9psi is still quite a bit. I think that turbo pushes soming like 650CFMs, thats pretty high

thanx for ur input. I know the turbo was kind of a long shot. And probly should not go any bigger then probly a 16g turbo,if i wana run a safe system. But just a long shot out their,lol <_< and just picked it because im still looking at turbo's and stuff and still reaching and nos would be their to start up the turbo and cut turbo lag :lol: . but thank u for ur input

look in the forced induction section for the big post on Turbo lag..... It basically says turbo lag problems are in people's heads. It's all how you set it up. I would reccomend building the motor either way though. Ie upgraded internals and bottom end

hello, i have a 94 del sol with a b18b1 and have a custom turbo setup. i use a small turbo from an eclipse (td04) and boost is set at 7psi. which is good enough for mustangs, z 28, ram air's! i use the stock trannie wich i think is perfect for boost because of the longer gears which allows you to stay at max boost for longer...atleast it feels that way! stick with the ls trannie not the stock del sol. i have no fuel managment but it would help. well if i can help in n e way just let me know. later... :spin:

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Mar 23 2003, 12:51 AM

car-93 del-sol obd-1
Engine swap 94-95( b18b obd1)
Axels- 94-97 Axels from the Del-sol
Transmission- Hasport comes with a coversion kit to turn into cable but thats only 96 and up.. am i safe?,or do I have to go to cable like 96 and up engines?
Mounts- Hassport Engine Mounts also same with trans. Or stock civic or intega mounts ( could use some input here too)
ShiftLinkage- 94-97 del-sol shift linkage

1. you don't need a cable conversion the 92+ civic/delsol used a hydraulic clutch,like the B18B,so you need a hydraulic B series tranny

2. You need axles from a 94+ B series motor,the delsol (except the B16A3 model) has D series motors and those are not compatible.

3.Use the mounts that came with the motor.HAsport,only has a couple unnescessary replacement mounts for this,not needed for the swap.

4.Like the axles,you need B series shiftlinkage,but it has to be from a B16A3 delsol since they are a different length and shape than the civic/teg shiftlinkage.

Back