b18b turbo mpg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

If i have a b18b with a turbo......can someone tell me how much mpg I could get for each psi????? for example how many mpg with 1psi....then how many mpg with 2psi.....then how many mpg with 3psi???????

Set BC to 1psi, fill tank run till empty, figure out milage.
Set BC to 2psi, Fill tank run till empty, figure out milage.

Really there are to many variables. You can get good millage if you stay out of it. Crappy milage if you are always into it.

well I was just wondering because I got so many different answers.........Different people tell me I will get around 13 mpg on 7psi others say I will get 24mpg on 7psi. Im not worried to much about it but would it be better to go all ls motor or boost ls???????

mostly about tuning. a car that has a halfass tune is more likely to have worse fuel milage since the tuner would want more gas inthe engine to prevent running lean.
with carefull dyno tuning with a wideband you can set a/f ratios back to factory standards even with the addition of a turbo. granted you will still have worse economy than factory

your car should run almost the same mpg as if you were NA.. as long as you keep your foot off the throttle.. and there is no real way to tell what mpg you will get at any given boost each car flows different.

turbo has the definent advantage for price to power ratio
* 200hp is easily attainable, just find a T3 and slap it on there with the rest of the accessories needed for turbo

Last edited:
there are too many variables to consider...i run d16z6 at 15 psi, 440 cc injectoras and i like to step on it alot...20 mpg at best. if i treat the pedal nice, i get 25 ish.

i would just say go turbo.. if you build NA, and i mean build it you will get worse mpg than if you were turbo and took it easy until you needed the power

Back