B18b Turbo t3/t4 or t25 , t28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CYULOST1

I want to turbocharge my B18b at 6-8psi and i want to know what's the best setup to run like that: more lag with t3/t4 than a T25 or T28 ??

i said go with greddy TD05 18G, its a cleaner turbo kit and everything is there so u dont have to mess with missing parts and stuff

well, how about setting a goal for power first. what do you want to hit?

6-8 psi is not a goal. its a pressure level. Stop reading bullshit on the net at stupidhonda.com =) welcome to hondaswap, where we actually know what we're talking about (most the time hehe)

6 psi off a dinky t25 will net you 30-40 hp
6 psi of a t3/t04e will probably bump ya 75-80

so, as you can see- 6 psi is still 6 psi, but your bump in power has almost doubled.
how is a greddy kit "cleaner"? Their manifold sucks. it has all the same other parts as every other kit, and it comes with a blue box :ph34r:

depends, my set up is a t3/t04E, 60 trim compressor housing, .82 A/R turbine housing.

my turbo doesn't spool up until after VTEC engages. I don't really mind the turbo lag cause once the turbo does spool up I'm out like a fat kid at dodge ball.

of course you'll have less lag with a smaller turbo, but in the long run you'll make more power with a t3/t4.

Originally posted by CYULOST1@Feb 14 2004, 08:55 PM
What about lag ??

Lag, for the most part, happens in 1st gear only when you are racing. lag is also a good thing for a street car- out of boost, you're using a LOT less fuel, and thus you get better mileage, all the while having a larger power gain.

.82 is huge. most 600whp hondas don't use that big of a wheel. mine is .70, most are .63, smaller ones are usually .48. anything less, why did you bother :)

I got it for $80, how could I resist? :D

I got BIG plans for my little civic. not exactly 600whp kind of plans, but I'll be happy with 350whp, which is what the gsr hatch the turbo came off of put down.

yes...

I had a 42/48 on my LS, first, it made acceptable power, but you'll crave more. I think it was around 200 or so to the wheels. I was having problems so I found a decent 60/63 and a cheap rebuild kit. Since my DP and everything was already setup for the 42/48 I just swapped the compressor housings and rebuilt/modified it to a 60/48. I loved that turbo. Spooled very quickly and made good HP.

I would personally go with a 60/63, good all around power and it should be at full boost by 3-4k.

Fuck ther TD series turbos, go with a t3/t4

woohoo my first ebay bid!!

im tempted to try this .42/.48 t3 garrett/airsearch, its not a bad deal, but i dont know if i should hold out till a decent priced 0.63, 0.60. im shooting for 250-300hp on a b16

im not tryin to thread jack, just figured id join in instead of starting a whole new thread with the same questions!

delslo, you will not make any good hp with a 42/48 on a b series.

it will run out of its efficiency range way before redline. it will fallflat on its face and starve your motor.

b16a has a high volumetric efficiency the head flows alot of cfm, and that turbo does not.

at the very minmum id run a t3 60/63 nothing smaller, but def somethuing larger.

t3/t4 57 trim is ideal for your goals

Back