b18b with p30 pistons question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
Ok, here's what I got:
1993 civic DX coupe
1994 integra b18B block
1993 integra b18a head
head, intake manifold, t/b and exhaust manifold port matched and bored thottle body
intake manifold off 1994 integra
stock cams, basically stock head
the bottom end is stock bore with stock crank and rods (1994 integra)
pistons are out of a b16a they are P30 pistons

according to the compression calculator I have approx 11 to 1 compression with these pistons

I don't feel a difference in these from my old stock pistons, also there is poor throttle response and it just feels weird all around.

I have not had time to DYNO the car, but I made sure that my timing is 100% correct, set at the middle mark on the pully (so that is whatever stock b18b timing should be I think its 12btdc, but Im not sure)

what could be wrong? Changed fuel filter and about to change fuel pump. Have fuel pressure regulator but no fuel pressure guage so I haven't installed it yet.
Can anyone help?

Any number of things could be wrong, from bad ECU to bad build, to bad combination of parts.

well, I switched ECU to 1994 integra when I did the swap, should I switch back to the 1993 ECU? I think I will try that.

How could the combo of parts be bad? they are all integra B series parts, compression test reveals average of 170 (165, 170, 170, 175) I dont think that its the block or head. didn;t really change much other than the pistons, crank and block, only reason I had to change the crank was because the old one was scratched some and I went to have it polished, they dropped it and broke it, so they gave me a new one. its the same as the old one, and the reason I changed blocks was because the cylinders on the old block had some warpage. engine only has 300 miles on it after break in (so 1300 miles) and I have only gotten on it maybe 3 or 4 times, the low end is great, but once I jump to 3/4 or WOT it just sorta hangs. Maybe switching back to old ECU will help, I just thought that the newer one would be better. who knows. I am out of ideas, hence my post. But thanks :)

Back