B18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dorito_burrito

i live in toronto... and this place sells the entire 1994-1995 engine (no trans i'm assuming) for bout 510-530 canadian (thats $340-357US)
But then when i check out the 1996-1997 B18B, it'sup to bout 750 canadian (USD$495... in US dollars, it may not seem like that much.. but in canaidan dollars, its a full 200 more... this coming from a high school student working part time, so dont flame me on how little the difference is. Can someone explain to me the difference?

SORRY FOR THE THREAD TITLE i meant 94-95

The OBD is the difference,it depends on which car it is going into.92-95 gets a like yeared motor,96+ gets the 96+ motor.

ok... so how does the hp/tq output add up?
is it basically the exact same engine?
if no, what are teh advantages of and obd2 motor over an obd1?

There isn't a advantage one way or the other,except it being compatible with your cars wiring.

wiring? please elaborate.
The host car will be a 93 civic hatch dx
in other words, is this donor and host compatible? or wil i need to buy new wiring kits. also, when you say the only dif is wiring compatibility, which is in a sesnse 'more' compatible: obd1 or obd2

Your car,OBD I 93 civic = get the OBD I 94-95 B18B.You can use your harness and it will be plug in,no wiring kits needed.

ah... so basically (let's see if i got it)

if your civic is OBD1 (92-95 5th gen???) then you should, for simplicity's sake, swap in the 94-95 B18B.
If your civic is 6th gen and up, then it would be OBD2 and you should swap in a 96+ OBD2 B18B...

so you're sure there are no advantages of either going into my civic?

Yes,you got it.

Other than the wiring,no there are no advantages or disadvantages.

Back