B18B1 (1996) overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

muscor

I replaces head gasket,water pump,radiator,fan switch,tempeture sensor,ect gauge sending unit,thermostat,radiator cap,head work,replace timing belt,check the righ time (16), Pleases someone help me

well if you changed all that stuff and the fan still comes on,id double check the thermostat maybe get a new one because sometimes you can buy bad new ones. after you do that all i know is that theres not enough fluid in there.

you cant just throw parts at a car and expect it to work. it'll just eat the part. gotta diag shit first. how long does it take for your car to overheat? and look for leaks.

It's likely you have air in the system. Did you leave the little air vent cracked open when you filled it with water so the block would fill up? if it's hot, you can crack it open and if a bunch of air comes out, that's your problem. make sure you have a hose over the nipple though so it doesn't spray everywhere.

haha,yeah,when the car is cold take your cap off till it overflows when engine is running

Back