B18B1 ECU HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18B_CIVIC

Hey guys, ok me and my friend are going to swap in a b18b1 motor tomorow, I got every thing that is needed... well allmost...

94+ B18B1 Motor
94+ 2x Integra Drive Axells
94+ Lincage
94+ Distrobuter
94+ Hydro Tranny
94+ Flywheel
94+ Cluch
94+ Starter
94+ Engine mounts
94+ Intermidiat

okay so my question is do I need the ECU to start the car? what I mean by that is the stock motor is a d16y7 non vtec and so is the b18b1 ls non vtec, once the motor is in, and all the wiring and every thing is done... will I have to have the ECU from the 94 Integra hooked up? or can I use the stock ECU from my car as a temp? will the car start and see if every thing is runing properley? because I forgot I need an ECU from the integra to have the same setting but all I want is to see if the car will start and drive to my house with the b18 in it and with the D16 computer?... :huh:

Just to note, I Started my B18C5 ona p06 Which is from a D15B7 Motor
Ran and Idled ok. I were you I wouldnt rev it up or anything, but should let you start it.
Only possible problems with that are the timing maps are different and the fuel maps are different which could possibly cause a lean condition if you rev it up.

seriously, it isn't like you need a p30 or anything. It's a friggin ls ecu, they are a dime a dozen. You could probably find one at a local junkyard for 25 bucks.

no wories! my buddy just got one for me! he sayd he found it, but I know he stole it... :lol: gave him 20 bucks for it...

thanks for the help guys... :D

Back