b18b1 idle issue.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:confused:i just swapped my b18b1 in my 98 ek sedan and when it starts it idles fine when i accelerate it wont go past 3 grand and wil it accelerater it wopps like idle purge.can some one help i use a automatic throttle bottle off a b18b1 automatic i dont think that its the promblem.help please

? what was it .. meant by -- wil it accelerater it wopps ? idle purge.can??

the other part i dont c that the throttle body would cause this it wouldnt matter if it was on auto or manual.

dont understand about a accelerator it wopps?? maybe a vacuum or a sensor not hooked up or reading right? Is the motor ODB1 or 2?

B18b1

? what was it .. meant by -- wil it accelerater it wopps ? idle purge.can??

the other part i dont c that the throttle body would cause this it wouldnt matter if it was on auto or manual.

It won't accelerate past 20mph it feels like something holding it from
accelerating

Last time we took off the intake rpm went past 3 grand in first as so In other gears what's wrong godawful swap

are you using an obd1 or obd2 dizzy? sounds like a crank sensor. the dizzy electrical has to match your ecu. had same problem in my four door

this is the same problem I'm having, I have a odb1 harness and a odb2 ls engine and dizzy. I was told there's 2 pins on the dizzy that needs to be switched around because the ecu is not reading the acceleration correctly. I've been searching the net for the past two days for the diagram to change those pins and haven't found it, if someone on here knows where to find the diagram or which pins to switch, me and xxji3lazexx would appreciate it, or I will have to pay $50 for someone to come and do it.

Back