B18b1 in EG Civic, Already Ordered.. Any Issues ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

Sup guys sorry for the repetitive topic, but I officially purchased a 1995 B18b1 integra LS motor, hydraulic trans, axles, mounts, rear bracket, wiring harness, ecu, linkage, and exhaust manifold and downpipe. It also includes upper and lower radiator hoses.

THe guy said there might be an issue with hoses if I use my stock radiator from my 1994 dx 1.5. And I have read here that I have to use the integra throttle cable... Are there any more known issues I should be aware of before I begin???

This is the only car that I have registered so I want to be well prepared so I am not down for more than 2 days.

Thanks

Youre gonna need, the integra throttle cable and DOHC VTEC Del Sol, radiator hose. You're probably gonna end up with a couple broken sensors as well. You should get a new clutch but maybe the one your getting will be OK.

I can't remember what other issues you'll run into, I've done that swap 3 times and and preparing for another. Everytime I've run into some issue, usually minor.

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Dec 7 2004, 07:14 AM
So when I buy an cold air intake, Do I specify 95 civic ls, or 94 civic??/
[post=427548]Quoted post[/post]​

If your getting a short ram, it doesn't matter...im using one off a saturn. If you get the whole cold air intake, I think the civic one will fit a little better, but it doesn't really matter either.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1+Dec 7 2004, 01:20 PM-->
94CivicSlow
@Dec 7 2004, 07:14 AM
So when I buy an cold air intake, Do I specify 95 civic ls, or  94 civic??/
[post=427548]Quoted post[/post]​

If your getting a short ram, it doesn't matter...im using one off a saturn. If you get the whole cold air intake, I think the civic one will fit a little better, but it doesn't really matter either.
[post=427550]Quoted post[/post]​

It kind of does because the couplings are different for the different size throtle bodies. ITR or DelSol vtec should be a close fit, or a Civics, but you may need to get different diameter couplers.

worry about an intake later. just use the stock pipe and a filter until the motor is in and running, since its your only ride. 2 days for your first swap is pushing it, in my opinion. you will always run into shit beyond your control- broken part, needing a hose clamp sunday night at 9pm when all the auto stores are closed, shit! i forgot oil! thigns like that.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 7 2004, 04:25 PM
worry about an intake later. just use the stock pipe and a filter until the motor is in and running, since its your only ride. 2 days for your first swap is pushing it, in my opinion. you will always run into shit beyond your control- broken part, needing a hose clamp sunday night at 9pm when all the auto stores are closed, shit! i forgot oil! thigns like that.
[post=427841]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey I seen you on 240sxone.. You live in MA?? Feel like lending a hand?? LOL. Thanks for the advice

im in ct, and im just too damn busy to offer help dude. i'm working on getting my own car together right now. only thing, is i have a deadline- dec22 i need to pass emissions, or un-register the car :(
maybe in mid-january? lol

One last question... has anyone had any issues with the 02.. will i need to convert it?

The ls has a heated o2 4 wires... not sure about the old 1.5 civic motor, have to check- could be 1 wire. Any wiring involved there ? Or is it all plug and play

well i think your car has a four wire o2 but i could be wrong about that, besides you are going to use your stock harness right? i think you can use the cannon plugs on the shock tower with the ls wiring if it is not cut then you should be good with the four wire o2 sensor

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Dec 13 2004, 12:40 PM
well i think your car has a four wire o2 but i could be wrong about that, besides you are going to use your stock harness right? i think you can use the cannon plugs on the shock tower with the ls wiring if it is not cut then you should be good with the four wire o2 sensor
[post=431319]Quoted post[/post]​

well thats exactly what I am going to do. The engine harness is COMPLETE and een includes the pos terminal and the three grey strut tower plugs. So I can just plug it in and not worry about the o2 bs?

I put a b18b into a 93 coupe aka EJ but fit perfectly fine....didnt need anything..use the d16z6 throttle cable too...and no check engine lights at all

i swapped in a b18c1 into my 93 hatch and i had to run the ls header for a while and the o2 in the header pluged right into where my stock civic one was
no prob

Originally posted by tphan4@Dec 13 2004, 02:46 PM
I put a b18b into a 93 coupe aka EJ but fit perfectly fine....didnt need anything..use the d16z6 throttle cable too...and no check engine lights at all
[post=431388]Quoted post[/post]​

thats what i did also, of course you have to fabricate a bracket to use the cable but much cheaper than buying an integra cable if it didnt come with the swap.

Back