b18b1 in my Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

i have my car all ready its an 1988 crf hf and hav been lookin for a motor...ive come across a low mileage and cheap full b18b1 swap...aside from the mounts what do i need in to complete the swap...i mean like how do i convert the obd is t her a kit...and i kno i need a kit for the tranny cuz i think its hydraulic and where can i get one...one of you imports gods please show me the light... :worthy:

hasport has the mount kit so you can mount the engine and tranny and still use the hydro tranny. its on their website, i think the kit runs about 500 bucks.

Sorry no god here just a beginner, but here is some direction. You will need motor mounts as you already figure out every recommends they cuz they are the best . This kit will also allow you to use a hydro trans. There are some mixed feelings on that on that kit; if it was me I would just stick to a cable tranny, and use the extra money somewhere else.

You will need a new shift linkage and axles for your new b-series swap. You can buy the shift linkage from hasport too, or you can get a b-series shift linkage cut it and re weld it to fit your application.

You do have a fair amount of wiring a head of you but fear not ;) here are more links on how do switch your dpfi to mpfi. Right now your car is setup up for obd0. I would highly recommend that you switch over to obd1 (1 stuff is from cars made 92-95) while you are doing all this work. Switching evolves getting an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness, obd1 ecu (p74, p28, or other), obd1 injectors, obd1 dizzy, this way tuning and future mods will be easier.

I looked around, but I couldn't find another option for axles besides the custom ones. If there is a shop here you, they might be able to make them cheaper than hasport. I believe that there are stock axles from another car you can use too, but I just don't remember which ones.

Wise ones: For a b18a/b swap into a crx 88 what stock axles and hubs can you use?

to put the LS engine in your car simply run it OBD0, using a PR4 ECU from a 90-91 Integra RS/LS/GS, use hte distributor and axles form the same damn car... if you can get the transmission get that too.

Hasport mounts, hasport linkages, if you cant find a cable tranny from a 90-93 Integra RS/LS/GS use the Hydro-Cable conversion kit form Hasport... this isnt really that hard...

Since the crx is an Hf you need DX Or SI hubs... then use the 90-93 Integra RS/LS/GS axles...

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 28 2004, 10:11 AM
to put the LS engine in your car simply run it OBD0, using a PR4 ECU from a 90-91 Integra RS/LS/GS, use hte distributor and axles form the same damn car... if you can get the transmission get that too.

Hasport mounts, hasport linkages, if you cant find a cable tranny from a 90-93 Integra RS/LS/GS use the Hydro-Cable conversion kit form Hasport... this isnt really that hard...

Since the crx is an Hf you need DX Or SI hubs... then use the 90-93 Integra RS/LS/GS axles...
[post=383013]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:

I honestly would just get a b18a swap instead, or if you already have the swap, sell all the obd1 junk to someone that can use it, and the hydro tranny (i've been told by people I know that have the HASport tranny conversion kit that they suck), get a 90-93 ls tranny or a b16a jdm tranny, or a ys1 92-93 tranny, and do all the stuff mentioned above. Switching obd is not necessary and would be a waste of time and money for you.

mannn it woudlnt take u that long because there is a shop in your area that does crazy swaps...i mean ccrrazzzyy... they just turboed and 240 and that thing is a beast.....but the one bad thing is that the shop is signal... and they take about 2 years for sumthin like that!

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Aug 29 2004, 03:55 AM-->
brian11to1
@Aug 28 2004, 10:11 AM

[post=383013]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:

I honestly would just get a b18a swap instead, or if you already have the swap, sell all the obd1 junk to someone that can use it, and the hydro tranny (i've been told by people I know that have the HASport tranny conversion kit that they suck), get a 90-93 ls tranny or a b16a jdm tranny, or a ys1 92-93 tranny, and do all the stuff mentioned above. Switching obd is not necessary and would be a waste of time and money for you.
[post=383227]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree put a b18a in it and i know just where to get it from me for 400 bucks and i also have axles for 150 and the linkage for 75 for 625 dollars you get most of the swap

You do have a fair amount of wiring a head of you but fear not here are more links on how do switch your dpfi to mpfi.

(Excuse me for any repeats of what people said)

Wiring???? You have no wiring to do whatsoever. You have the HF model, So therefore your car is already multipoint, you just take the harness off the stock motor and wire it up to the new motor. If you want to buy that b18b1 motor and keep it OBD0 just Get a new ECU, PR4 is recommended. Shift linkage and mounts from hasport. Axles from a 90-93 teg. Alternator from a 90-93 teg. (MAKE SURE YOU BANG OUT THE AREA FOR THE ALTERNATOR CLEARANCE) OBD0 Integra injectors. OBD0 Distributor from a 90-91 Teg. If that motor has aftermarket headers, make sure they are 2 piece headers because if they are 1 piece they wont fit in the CRX because of the stock crossmember. If you want to spend a bit more money, You can buy an Aftermarket Crossmember for a CRX which act as traction bars and they will make clearance for any 1 piece headers. Oh, and you will also need an intake from a 90-93 integra. You will also need a throttle cable from a 90-93 Integra and also in some cases, you need a clutch cable from a 90-93 teg also, The stock one has been known not to fit sometimes. Also gonna need new front hubs, as the HF hubs are too small and if you want to complete the whole conversion, you can get rear integra hubs which will give you all 4 discs.

This is all stuff that is needed for an OBD0 setup in the CRX, if you want to make the CRX OBD1, Then you will need to purchase the jumper harness from Hasport. And also get the hydraulic tranny conversion kit from Hasport also. Other than that you dont need to replace anything except for stuff to replace on the CRX such as Clutch cable, Throttle Cable, front hubs, Bang out the alternator clearance, etc., etc. Ive learned all of this within the past year and a half because I have a B18a1 motor in my 88 CRX HF.

By The Way, If you are going to keep the motor OBD0, I have a 90-91 OBD0 Distributor for Sale that has 85,000 Miles on it and its in perfect condition, if you want it PM me, also PM me with any other questions you have about the swap.

Also gonna need new front hubs, as the HF hubs are too small and if you want to complete the whole conversion, you can get rear integra hubs which will give you all 4 discs.
[post=386927]Quoted post[/post]​

How would this give him 4 wheel disc? Thats right, it wont. You need DX/SI hubs... integra hubs throw everything off... its more simplisitic to use DX/SI... so Du It.

Back