B18B1 into a 98 cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98hb_prez

Hey guys,
Well I'll start off by saying I hope this isnt the same things you've heard before, but some of the questions most likely are. I have a 98 civic cx. I have decided after reading as much as I could find here and various other places to swap the stock integra B18B1 (OBD2) into my car.

The questions are as follows, some of these are a confirmation to make sure I'm on hte right track and nothing major is going to sneak up on me. Motor mounts, as far as I know some of them are the same, but which ones arent that I need to buy (front stabalizer mount?). As for the harness, no VTEC, shouldn't be a problem I just want to make sure there isnt anything else I have to wire up or move with the stock civic harness (I've heard things about IAC valve rewiring, crank sensor, knock sensor, IAB's, etc..??)

Will i need the shift linkage?
Will I need the integra axels?
Will my stock rad still be big enough?
Is there any other major or even minor things I need to know about this basic swap.

Any insight you guys have will be appreciated and will make this easier for me in the long run. I looked around but couldn't seem to find anything comprehensive enough on this exact swap, maybe since its so basic. Any references wouls also be appreciated.

Thanks alot,

Will i need the shift linkage?
Use the linkage from a 99/00 Si

Will I need the integra axels?
Yes, use the b series axles.

Will my stock rad still be big enough?
Yes, but the top hose adapter is too small for the b series upper hose, use a rad from a 99/00 Si.

Is there any other major or even minor things I need to know about this basic swap.
Use the stock cx harness, and extend, add to it.

P.S. The b18b does not have IABs
and the IACV on the b18b is a linear, your stock one is rotary, it has to be rewired.

for the mounts (parts that bolt to the chassis of the car) / brackets (parts that bolt to the motor / transmission).

BRACKETS
94-97 Del sol AC bracket (only if you want to keep your AC)
99-00 SI driver side bracket
99-00 SI rear transmission bracket (looks like a T)
Any b-series front transmission bracket
And for the top tranny bracket you can use all you stock parts.

MOUNTS
you can use all your stock mounts but i would at least replace them with 99-00 SI ones. When I say mounts i'm talking about the rubber parts that bolt to the chassis, Not the brackets that bolt to the block.

Ok, firstly thanks alot guys... that clarification really helps alot.

for the rewiring the IACV..
From what I've read the stock d16y7 has a 3-pin connector (+, - and SIG) while the b18b has a linear 2-pin connector (+, -).

I assume all I need to do is get the 2-pin connector and use the + and - in it and tape up the SIG. But I dont like to assume (ass - u - me). so is this the correct method?

I really appreciated your input, so thanks again.
Dave

alright thanks alot, everything seems to be in order now so I can go ahead and order eveything up. I'm going to build the engine up over thw winter, and install it in spring. I'll let you know what happens and of any little problems that arise and I dont know how to fix.
Dave

Back