B18B1 into a del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94delsolvtec

im doing my first swap. i was able to pick up a b18b1 off a guy i know for pretty cheap so i figured id do the swap into my del sol. this will be my first swap and i just need to know what all i will need to do this. its going into a 94 del sol si. I REPEAT this is my first swap, i have never done this before. thats why im coming here... for help so i dont mess it up. any imput would be appreciated, thanx

What information are you looking for exactly? How much do you already know?

not much at all. thats why im here. just need to know what i will need to swap the b18b1 into my del sol si. like am i gonna need axles and sh*t? new wiring harness? dont know much about swaps at all. any help would be appreciated

i am mechanically inclined but i just dont know about what cars work with what swaps. and what parts are needed to do it

Well the del sol is based on the eg chassis and there are thousands of articles here outlining in detail what you will need to do. A couple notes for you that I didn't find when I started my swap: The passenger side front paddle mount from the del sol will not work with a b-series. The holes are situated differently. Also, I don't know if it's just my car, but the GSR upper driver's side mount that we all use (aluminum) for the three post side mount, has some front to back play, and the mounting tabs on the fenderwell will probably need to be hammered in a bit, or washers will need to be used. Does that make sense? Otherwise, just follow the instructions that can be found EVERYWHERE on this site.

Well the del sol is based on the eg chassis and there are thousands of articles here outlining in detail what you will need to do. A couple notes for you that I didn't find when I started my swap: The passenger side front paddle mount from the del sol will not work with a b-series. The holes are situated differently. Also, I don't know if it's just my car, but the GSR upper driver's side mount that we all use (aluminum) for the three post side mount, has some front to back play, and the mounting tabs on the fenderwell will probably need to be hammered in a bit, or washers will need to be used. Does that make sense? Otherwise, just follow the instructions that can be found EVERYWHERE on this site.

you said the holes in the passenger side front paddle mount are situated differently... now is that something i can re-drill/weld? i am a welder/metal fabricator so would that be an easy fix for me?

No. I just sold a bagged ranger that I spent 7 years building so I'm not stranger to hacking stuff. I have found with Honda so far that it is just the path of least resistance and the best outcome to swap in factory parts and/or use aftermarket swap parts. I am no stranger to taking the hard route. That having been said, the b series mount has an isosceles shaped bolt pattern while the d series has a scalene shaped bolt pattern and the mount is set too far back. The b series mount is entirely different. I encountered this same situation with the shift linkage. I wondered if I could just cut it and make it fit. I realized that I would rather spend the $100 than deal with it. I advise the same. It will all fit and work better in the end anyway. :thumbsup:

Back