B18b1 Into My 5th Gen Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kid hyla

I have a 1993 civic cx and a 1997 integra ls b18b1 engine, tranny, axels and ecu, what is needed to get this engine to work in my civic? I heard they are different obd's but i can just use a ecu from a 94-95 integra 5spd ls and everything would just plug and play. Is this true? Can i use the axels off the 97 integra. Wiring? How do i make this swap work??

Thanks

just get an OBD-1 ECU or a conversion harness
you will need the mounts for the 3rd gen integra
and the shift linkage for the 3rd gen integra
you will also need the throttle cable for the integra
thats all i can think of right now

its not that simple.

the wires for the teg won't reach into the chassis for the ECU. we had that problem on little bitch's swap :lol:
we had to use the civic harness, and swap the plugs for the injectors, dizzy, and knock sensor,and then jerry rig everything to work.

its not going to be easy, and a lot of things will need to be changed. the above was a 99ls into a 99 ex civic, and still all that shit had to be changed.
for eample, by the shock tower on your car, you have 3 plugs. on obd1, there is one. you will have to cut splice all that shit together.

IMO, the EASIEST way to do this swap is to get a 94-95 teg LS engine harness, and swap the plugs that don't plug in to the sensors.

hes got a 93 (EG)
those have the plugs on the shock towers just like the integra ... and my 93 del sol
the teg harness should plug right in

Back