B18b1 misfiring out of nowhere please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

demon1

hey guys i was driving my car yesterday when all the sudden the car started misfiring so today i went and got new wires cap and rotor and i also checked the compression 180 across the board i is also not throwing any codes and the problem is still there i dont know what else to do does anyone have any suggestions

Last edited:
no not throwing any codestming is right on piont i am going to check the compresion one of my buddies said it sounds like i am running on 3 cylinders so i am goin to test it out and see whats up

do you have any check codes, you prolly just need a new dizzy

I'm with him... its pretty common for the ignitor/coil to go bad. You can pick pick thoes up and install them w/o replacing the whole dizzy.

First I would check to see if there is spark at all of the plug wires. To test, pull a plug wire out and ground it on something while the car is running. You should see a spark arcing.

Another thing to check would be the fuel pressure and see whether or not the injectors are opening.

have a close look at the wiring, make sure there are no corrosion or lose connections in and around the dizzy as well.

hey thanks guys finally figured it out it was a clogged injector the #4 cylinder wasnt working it was getting spark but no fuel but thanks for all you help

Back