B18B1 obd-2 into CRX Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shownuff80

just wondering if anyone can help me. i just bought a 91 crx dx and it has a b18b1 obd2 engine in it. all wiring is there except for the engine harness so i figured id buy the dpfi to mpfi conversion harness since the dx is dual port and be o.k. well not the case when i got the harness only some of the plugs matched up. does anyone know what engine harness i need to use on this engine? once i get the harness i need i can then get all the jumpers from obd0 to 0bd2 ( ecu , dist. , O2 sensor , ect. ). I JUST CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT HARNESS TO USE??? i know this swap shouldnt be done but i got the car for 300 bucks and its already in the car so why not try to get it goin ya know. thanx. if anyone can help.

The easiest thing to do is either run the car obd0 or obd1. you're making it harder on yourself trying to go obd2. there is extra evap equipment, ckf, etc.

If you decide obd0 get yourself an obd0 pr4 and an obd0 distributor. You won't need a ecu jumper if you go this route, and you will only need your stock harness that's been converted to mpfi. If you decide to go obd1 get yourself an obd1 pr4 or p75, and an obd1 dizzy. you will then need a 0-1 ecu jumper which gives you the extra plug for the evap purge solenoid, and a plug for a 4 wire o2 sensor. Rywire - Online Store

I believe you can still use the obd2 intake manifold, you just won't have everything on it hooked up. but since you'll be either running obd0 or 1, the ecu wont be looking for the extra stuff anyway. I believe there is no place for an idle air temp sensor in the obd2 manifolds because they were mounted in the intake pipe. so either extend the wiring, and mount one there, or drill out a hole in the im to place the iat.

thanx for the info. so i can still use the dpfi - mpfi conversion harness that i bought? it plugs in to the dash harness no prob.with resistor box but theres no plug for the crank angle sensor and the plug for the sensor right under the thermostat is four wire and the one on the harness is only two? and the injector plugs are different so can i run the stock injectors obdo on that engine or do the flow different. the engine had the obd-0 dist. on it but it was mickey moused on there, only one bolt matched up? UGLY! sorry its been awhile since ive messed with hondas i cant remember how to do some of this shit. if anyone can help thanx.

i have a problem so i have a 91 si crx with a 96 ls witch is obd2 and i put all obd0 parts on like the intake manifold header. so basiclly a 1991 integra ls. so every thing works go but i have to smog and ref it. em i going to have a problem with the ref because the parts are obd0

91 crx ls obd2 - obd0

so i bought a 96 ls obd2 motor and put all obd0 ls intake manifold header wire harness from 1991 integra. so everything works but i need to smog and ref the car. so the question is em i going to have a problem with the ref because the set up is not obd2

ya my car needs to go to a ref to cuz the guy who had it before me tryed to smog it and it failed then he went to a ref and the ref wrote down everything that needed to be done for it to pass smog. i can find the paper and list everything for you if you want just let me know? i was just going to buy another crx , smog it with the o.g. engine then swap everything over vin #"s and all then deal with the smog in a couple years. to post a thread just go to the EF forum main page and to the left theres a thing that says new thread hit then type yur question and then explain yur prob. then hit post thread at the bottom. vuala-

Back