1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b1 OBD2 into 92 civic HB

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hopware, Aug 5, 2003.

1. hopware

hopware Junior Member

I was picking through the boneyard and found a low mile 97 integra GS. I would like to use the engine in my 92 CX. I am going to use it for my daily driver for a number of years, and may add a turbo later, so the low miles are attractive. I have questions about some of the issues, including the OBD2. Can you convert the engine back to OBD1 by changing the engine wiring harness to a 94-95 LS/GS and using the 94-95 ECU? Does the distributor need to be swapped to the 94-95? Will the axles fit? The 97 has ABS. Is there a length issue or fitment problem with the ABS rings on the axles. Do I need to use the O2 sensor from the 94-95.

2. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

from what I have heard, plug the OBD1 LS ECU right into your current wiring harness. Supposedly it works fine.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

you can use the engine harness that is on the engine now without any modification
    use an OBD-1 LS ECU
    be sure to get the shift linkage from the teg as well as the mounts and axles

4. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

I just noticed how sweet that penguin in your avatar is E. lol :p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted