b18b1 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

runwitme

ok so i finally finish the swap .. 96 LS into 96 Civic HB
and here goes my problems

1. freakin bad motor seeing as its leaking oil by the valve cover and head gasket

2. burning oil .. dunno where .. smoke coming from back of motor . oil spat all over the shift linkage and underneath the IM

3. also my temp gauge dont seem right .. its too low when i was driving it earlier .. and my fan dont seem to come on at all .. i know its hotter than that . the temp gauge sits like between normal and cold

well any help/suggestion would be great .. thx in adv
im thinking oil pan so im gonna go get a new oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket ..

Last edited:
return it.
same thing happend to me and I just got done rebuilding the head, and doing a hg job because it had the valve seals and guides all freaked up.
I should have returned it. Don't hesitate and go for it

Ouch......let us know if you get a new set up. Sucks.

I agree...Thermo is shot (they stay open when they go out) but thats cheap

Oil all over the place??? Do what "B" said.....one, two, three

well end up doing a hg job and it seems the block is warp . seeing as it still kinda leaks . but now im throwin cel 72 - 74 . mis fire in cylinder 2-4 . did spark plugs and wire same thing .. plus the motor rocks and shake like its gonna die .. got the rpm sittin at around 8-900 .. but after taking it for a run it drops down to bout 5-700 rpm .. might swap out the dizzy for a new one and see how that is .

Back