B18b1 question....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
So have a b18b1 in a 92 CX hatch...

The car runs and drives fine to a point

It runs and idles perfect but if you go to get on the gas in 1st gear it almost acts as if you hit fuel cut under a heavy load of Throttle... Now if you stay at 3/4 throttle it will run fine...
under a full load it will spit and spudder and kick you out...

I have checked the following

Plugs
Wires
Cap
Rotor
and The dizzy itself
The car is currently running in dead of winter w/o termostat as the old one got stuck closed and I just cut out the center of it...

Now it being a fuel injected motor, would this cause this problem do to the motor thinking its not warm enough>

thoughts
thanks

I'd start with the thermostat. It's designed to stay closed until the engine is at operating temperature, then it cycles open/closed to keep it there.

Have you cleaned out the screen on the IACV?

The car idles perfect, couldn't ask for a better timed b18b1 motor... right at 16. The car idles at 1.7k warming up and then once warm, goes down to 1.1k and idles perfect.... the Thermo is still not installed but here is a crap vid of what im talking about... you will see the car slowly acelerating toward 5.5k to 6k and it rev's out... thats the issue im speaking off... im thinking my coil is shot, good thing I got another to change out :)

Yes....what's up with the CEL?

Sounds a little like a hesitation when you talk about the issue when you rev it.......and accelerate it.

You could try a new fuel filter......when they go bad.....they act like your description. They can slowly show hesitation when accelerating and progressively get worse.

Compression Test wouldn't hurt.

Other than the CEL staring at me :ph34r: alternative things to ponder......

Things like fuel injectors.....they can be checked/cleaned for around $80 for all 4

Or.......try some other known working injectors if you are lucky enough to have access to them.

Cel is no o2 sensor... I failed at life and forgot to install one... The fuel filter is a known good one... I will check injectors tomorrow as I have a spare set of injectors kicking around....

mite be an epic fail thou... never got to test the dizzy ether today... sigh

Solved this puppy...... Oil Presure sensor was un pluged... mite have forgotten it had one lmao... also the Dizzy was crap, it died out in my shop as I went to back the car out, so in went another I had... time to rebuild other lol.. runs 6,800 RPM and under load... even did a celebratory burn out haha

The ECU had a code for oil pressure and you just figured the O2 was the only code?

Oil Pressure Sensor would pop a code if it was unplugged.

Glad it's fixed

No code for oil pressure sensor... Just the normal 17 and 41... I fixed the speedo as I had a bad connection and the o2 sensor I have on order... only code it had before the fix. I was puzzled as well... Ether way it runs perfect... and I looked threw the OBD1 codes and saw no oil pressure sensor code lol

Back