B18b1 SLOW!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jOnZ

JDM jOn
Ok, when I first start my car up it knocks then it goes away. It's not rod bearings I dropped the oil pan and checked everything out and replace the bearings anyway. Car is not what it use to be a few days ago ever since i heard this knocking although my valves are EXTREMLY loud. Could the valves be really loose that its causing knocking & loss of power? The knocking only occurs when first started up last for 3 seconds or less. when holding at 3,000 rpms it dont knock just hear LOUD valves.

Never hurts to adjust them anyway. All it takes is a wrench, screwdriver, and some feeler gauges. Start there, and grab a timing light and make sure that your timing is right.

I'm guessing its my valves only thing that dont make sense is the knocking. When I first start it up after its been sitting it will knock but if I shut the car off and start up again it wont knock. could my valves be getting stuck open? Other opinions/suggestions would be great !

Back