B18B1 swap in 90 DA. OBD0/OBD1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM power

Ok so i have a 90 4 door DA that has apperently been swapped before i bought it. It has a B18B1 instead of a B18A1. I know that they started making the B18B series in 94 and it's OBD1. My car is OBD0. How can i check if the car has been converted to OBD1 or not? And do you even have to convert it, or can you run my motor without wiring a new harness? Any help would greatly appreciated.:D

I would look at the distributor typically the OBD of the car has to match the distrubutor, but if it's spliced then it might not be a good indication, second I would look at the ECU that will match 100% to the obd which ECU do you have?

if the ecu has a little window in the center of it for a flashing red led, then its obd0. if it doesn't then its obd1. also if it's obd0 you will see the ecu conversion harness. like the other guy said look at the connectors on the dizzy. And no you don't need to convert it to obd1. it would technically run the best with the stock p75 ecu but it will run perfectly fine with the stock obd0 pr4 ecu. no need to mess with it.

Back