B18B1 swap into a 93 civic CX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hi I have read quite a few posts on the subject and I am going to attempt to swap a B18b1 (OBD1) into my 93 cx

I am aware that I need the complete swap which is long block, trans, mounts, axels, wiring, Ecu.

after reading many posts some people have different opinions on the subject matter

D-series accelerator cable will work while others disagree and say that you need the integra? any bottom line answers?

I have a stock exhaust system for a CX will I need to swap cats and get a integra cat or will everything bolt up? I heard there was a 7 inch gap, I can't verify that info.

On to brake setups, I am doing a complete swap to GSR brakes, everything suspension wise will be swapped, my question is will the E-brake cable have to be a GSR cable or will it work as it current setup?

Engine rebuild kit <-- is this the cheapest engine rebuild kit?

use the GSR brake cable,
I used an integra cat, but i also make a whole new exhaust.
not too sure about the other sutff

Quoted post[/post]]
hi I have read quite a few posts on the subject and I am going to attempt to swap a B18b1 (OBD1) into my 93 cx

I am aware that I need the complete swap which is long block, trans, mounts, axels, wiring, Ecu.

after reading many posts some people have different opinions on the subject matter

D-series accelerator cable will work while others disagree and say that you need the integra? any bottom line answers?

You can make the D series work, I guarentee this since the only USDM model I havent had was an Si. I swapped either b18a1 or b1 into every one of them

I have a stock exhaust system for a CX will I need to swap cats and get a integra cat or will everything bolt up? I heard there was a 7 inch gap, I can't verify that info.

Depends on which manifold/dp you use. I would make/buy a new exhuast. The CX exhuast is tiny. Even if you make something with a stock sound you'll be MUCH better off

On to brake setups, I am doing a complete swap to GSR brakes, everything suspension wise will be swapped, my question is will the E-brake cable have to be a GSR cable or will it work as it current setup?

You need an integra cable, a GSR cable would be fine

Engine rebuild kit <-- is this the cheapest engine rebuild kit?

This doesn't seem too bad, but if you're willing to do all this work, you might as well save a little longer and upgrade. It's well worth the extra cash. But if you insist on keeping it stock like, this is satisfacotry.

could I possibly use a aftermarket header to make the current exhaust system work?

Back