b18b1 swap to a chevy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stanman

hey guys im doing another project....like i need more but i cant stay away from building cars. this time instead of a muscle car drag car or lowrider like my previous projects i want to do something alil different cause old school motors dont get the best gas in the world if you know what i mean. so i found a b18b1 i think it was. and it has everything there for it heres a link actually

b18b1 SWAP!!!!!

so i was hoping some one could tell me how much hp and torque this sucker would have and how i would be able to upgrade it. these little tuners arent really my thing. im asking because the car its going in is a 1984 trans am and there not that heavy but there not lite like hondas, this is going to be a night rider proect and instead of speding 20 grand on a custom made chrome engine from neslon racing id figure id go with a tuner engine. but after the mods chasis cutting weld conversions to front wheel drive is the motor gunna be strong enough to pul it and how are the gas milage on these things?

This thread has got to be a joke...

if you want gas milage and the same hp as the b18 slap a 3.1v6 in there (they came factory in them in 91 i believe?) and be done with it... also that b18 has like 140hp, if your lucky

and not heavy?? they weigh around 3400 lbs... a fully loaded 95si hatch weighs around 2200, thats a big diffrence.. say the b18 ran 16 sec at the track in the hatch, you put it in the pontiac and instantly the drag time goes to 17 sec just because its so heavy..

It was bad enough that they put four cylinders in third gens from the factory and now you wanna kick Pontiac while its down by makin a TA FWD too?! And with a Honda engine?! Kill yourself!

Just a horrible idea all together. The b18 doesn't make enough power and torque to drag that heavy ass car around at any pace that would be considered fun. It would be a complete dog. And a total waste of time. It would also get horrible gas mileage because of the weight.

Don't waste your time or money on this.

And if you know anyone who is paying 20 grand for a "custom made chrome engine", send them my way, would you?

Back