B18b1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kaobigdog

What work would have to be done to put a B18B1 ls motor into a stock 91 civic Hatchback with a standard transmission.

i guess ill bite even tho i still say search as well....

new transmission, shift linkage, engine, ecu, mounts, a BFH to dent clearance for alt, use a civic rear engine mount (the metal bracket thingy, not sure the year) instead of the teg one if you dont wanna notch rear crossmember, then depending if you have MPFI or DPFI you may or may not have to do the wiring conversion, im sure a couple of little odds and ends things im forgetting but you get the idea.

depends how you look at it.

I freaking love mine, ill give you a 50 shot of spray on your car now and still walk you.

so I am thinking it is more work than it is worth.

depends what you want out of the car and what you're willing to spend. if your just trying to get a car running then stick with d-series. if you want more power and more modding potential then go with a b. in doing so though you must change numerous things. motor mounts, shift linkage, ecu, axles, throttle cable, etc.

i actually use my stock throttle cable on my b16a and it works just greatbut i would recomend if your going to spend all the money anyway then you should get a b16 or a gsr the ls is not a very big bump in power from a stock motor its not even a 50 hp bump so i would go with a b16, gsr, or an itrgood luck

if your going to spend all the money anyway then you should get a b16 or a gsr the ls is not a very big bump in power from a stock motor its not even a 50 hp bump so i would go with a b16, gsr, or an itrgood luck

b16a - 160hp, 111tq
b18a - 142hp, 127tq

what the ls lacks in hp, it makes up for in tq. plus you have to rap the shit out of a b16 to get anything out of it. just depends where you want your power to be.

Back