b18b1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90civicb18b

im am attempting to put a b18b1 in my 90 civic 4dr. my car already has a zc dohc 1.6l. will the l3 transmission fit the b18???? and what do i need to buy to perform the swap. i have a whole 96 integra thats been totalled.

Actually there are many scenarios you could do b/c you have a OBD2 motor/trans/ecu/engine harness with an OBD0 car/engine harness.....at least 3-4 different ways to deal with the wiring issues. You have transmission issues (cable car & hydraulic trans) But there are conversion options out there. You will also need a mount kit to put he B series in your EF.

I would convert everything under the hood to OBD1 (Distributor/Alternator/fuel injectors/engine harness) and mate your old OBD0 engine harness with the OBD1 stuff so it still has OBD0 plug ENDS that connects into the engine bay plugs (the ones that lead into the cabin). Sorry for they way I worded that....reads like crap lol.

Then get a OBD1 P74/P75 (or equivalent) ECU with a jumper harness. It would run just fine no CEL or anything

ecu

will a pr4 work????? what all sensors do i need to swap and what parts do i need to swap such as distributor

Back