b18b1 swapped into ek?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91jdmteg

I've got a 1996 civic dx with the stock D16Y7 and can get a good deal on a b18b1 out of a 97 integra. Is this a pretty common swap??? What would be all the parts needed to complete this swap in my car? Thanks for your help! :worthy:

Yeah, it makes for a much faster car with more potential. check in the articles section for more details. you need, integra axles, throttle cable, engine, tranny, ecu, radiator hoses, probably something else, liek i said before i always forget. All b series install the same, in to the same car i.e. b16a2 goes in just as easily as a b18b1. so use that as a reference.

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Jul 10 2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah, it makes for a much faster car with more potential. check in the articles section for more details. you need, integra axles, throttle cable, engine, tranny, ecu, radiator hoses, probably something else, liek i said before i always forget. All b series install the same, in to the same car i.e. b16a2 goes in just as easily as a b18b1. so use that as a reference.
[post=523823]Quoted post[/post]​

there are sundrey differences. for instance, on the b20z that i dropped into my 97 ek hatch. the drivers side upper mount bolted up fine. people told me you need the 99-00 si bracket. but i didnt. i dont know if this holds true with the ls because its almost (hehe) the same motor.

if someone whould shed some light, you only need the si bracket for motors excluding the ls and b20? or is the b20 the only motor whos mount lines up the the ek's alone.

sorry to thread jack. just lookin for a quick answer. : )

i have a 96 lx with a 99 b18b1 in it.
you will need a driver side bracket, front tranny bracket and the rear (T) mount bracket. you also need to rewire the CFS and the IACV you need to extend both O2's and that should be about it.

to be short and quick and too the point, yes, its a common swap

One more quick question about this swap, i may be doing the same swap, in my foreseeable future, and if later on down the road i get a gsr or type R head with Vtec, it'll just bolt right on then what would i have to do, prolly get a new ECU or?

Thanks in advance :D

SHould i answer this?
Yeah, the head bolt on and you need to wiring vtec through to an ECU that supports it. then you need to install the vtec solenoid, and some oil lines. There are some many places to find write ups about this. In the past year sport compact car and hondatuning both had full write ups on how to do it.

Will the B18B1 harness & ecu plug into my factory D16Y7 with out any hassle???If not, Please be specific in what I have to rewire or lengthen. Thanks for all your help!!!!!! I just want to be clear on everything, I fixing to start buying stuff.

yep, as long as it is of similar obd. depending on the year you want obd-2 or obd-2b. You can buy conversion harnesses, from places like hasport.com, to go to obd-1.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Jul 11 2005, 10:30 AM
you will need a driver side bracket, front tranny bracket and the rear (T) mount bracket. you also need to rewire the CFS and the IACV you need to extend both O2's and that should be about it.
[post=524002]Quoted post[/post]​

dohc motors only have one o2 sensor so you don't need to extend both, drivers side works too you don't need to change it.

Originally posted by killercannible+Jul 21 2005, 10:18 PM-->
smooth_criminal
@Jul 11 2005, 10:30 AM
[post=524002]Quoted post[/post]​

dohc motors only have one o2 sensor so you don't need to extend both, drivers side works too you don't need to change it.
[post=529675]Quoted post[/post]​

uh no... 96-99 are obd2 setups. Since he's getting a 97, he'll have to make sure both o2s are working.

Back