B18B1 Ticking noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kadoj

So i was going down the highway at about 170 km's and i suddenly hear a fast paced ticking sound, its not too loud and i didnt feel any loss of power and it still seems to pull the same but the tick is still there usually when the gas pedal passes about halfway. Im hoping my valves just need to be adjusted but it never did this ticking before so is it possible for valves to become loose at about 6000 RPM's? or did i blow something? I would think that if it was something really severe than it would have been fairly loud and possibly feel like my engine was falling apart or something. Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to stop driving your econo car 100+ mph on public highways you idiot...

yea i wasnt asking your opinion on how i should drive thanks for the input though.
Anyone else?

Good luck. We don't care much for irresponsible people around here...

i though these forums were to help people fix there cars and stuff not be dicks and criticize them every chance they get

i though these forums were to help people fix there cars and stuff not be dicks and criticize them every chance they get

I'm just being honest with you. I have no respect for people who act like idiots on public roads. And FYI we're under no obligation to help you. This is a public forum and anyone can say whatever they want (within reason) here.

If somebody else wants to help you, that's fine, but I won't...

ok if you dont want to help thats fine, im sure you guys have never went 60 km's over the speed limit for a couple seconds on a 4 lane highway though right.

As far as you know. Most people who do illegal activities don't like to shout it to the world.

Check your valve adjustment. That would be the first thing any person with a pulse and half a brain for cars would do.

Try a valve adjustment it can't hurt if u do. There real easy if u follow any chilton or haynes manual. I'f it don't stop it might be a rist pin that connectsthe piston to the rod.

you probaly trashed a rod bearing runing a LS engine 6k plus for a very long time tring to see how fast it would go. You should go find your self a new engine. I would look in to a B20/B21 out of a old prelude they are nice pieces:ph34r:

ok if you dont want to help thats fine, im sure you guys have never went 60 km's over the speed limit for a couple seconds on a 4 lane highway though right.

If it was just for "a couple seconds" then I doubt you would have noticed any peculiar noises. And yes, I have driven over the speed limit. I probably do it on an almost daily basis. When I do it it's typically something like 73-75 mph on the 70 mph limit highway, not 100+ miles per hour.

Have you stopped to think that maybe consistently running an LS engine at 6k RPMs isn't necessarily good for it?

Back