b18b1 to 91 ls tranny - which flywheel 91 or 96?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a b18A1 flywheel i want to use on a B18B1 with a 5 speed out of a 91 LS

will that work? or do i need a b18B1 flywheel, and a 1991 clutch? :blink:

Schucks lists the same part number on the flywheel, so i'm safe to assume that i can use the 1991 B18A flywheel onthe B18B... with the 1991 LS 5 speed... and a 1991 clutch assembly...

the flywheels all bolt up, but you need to make sure you are using the right flywheel with your tranny

Quoted post[/post]]
the flywheels all bolt up, but you need to make sure you are using the right flywheel with your tranny
not entirely true...
you can use any b series flywheel but you must use the correct clutch kit for the tranny.

Also, make sure the tranny you have is truely a 91 because the 90-91 clutches are different than the 92-93 clutches even though they are both cable trannies. The spline counts are different.

thats right its the clutch you need to match to the tranny :bash: i knew it was something that need to match. damn i need to clear my head.

Quoted post[/post]]
thats right its the clutch you need to match to the tranny :bash: i knew it was something that need to match. damn i need to clear my head.

More specifically, it's just the clutch plate, because of the number of splines on the output shaft; the pressure plates are the same for all b-series.

Back