b18b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmciviceg6

i just bought a 93 eg with a b18b1
the problem with the car is it was on fire on the passenger side and burnt out the fusebox and the wires to the engine but i have another shell im trying to swap into
Q: can i use my old fuse box & how do i know if the wires coming out from the engine are still good and nothings wrong with the engine in the fire
Q: can i use the old fuse box and wire harness in the shell

theres a problem there. what caused the fire? if you know this, you know what you need to do. if it's the engine, you need to fix the engine before worrying about wiring. if it's a wiring fire, you need to start from scratch.

Definately check all your wiring with a multimeter to make sure they are good. Also do a good inspection of them to make sure you have no breaks in the wire insulation. Any missing insulation could cause a short and again start another fire. The fuse box and harness will work for that motor but make sure the harness is still good. Same as before, check all the wires and test them if needed.

Back