1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18c - 97 Del Sol Si

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 386, Oct 16, 2008.

1. 386

386 'im gettin that fo sho!'

ok, well first off i guess this is the right place to post, but, i am planning to swap a b18c into my sol, and i cant find anything giving me a good answer to my question, do i need to get the axles with it? and just to be completely sure will the motor bolt right in?

2. whiteciv88

whiteciv88 New Member

well does the del have a b series motor in it if so then you are good if not then you will need to get axles shiftlinkage rad hoses and axles and a rear t bracket hope this helps

3. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Its like putting a gsr in an eg. Its one of the easiest swaps you can do. You need the engine, trans, axles, mounts, ecu, and shift linkage from a teg.

4. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

5. 386

not about the axles, some of the answers said no some said yes, so it was unclear to me, and it was about different cars, i only found one del sol on google, im just trying to make sure, but no its a stock y8, but thanks everyone, it all helps

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The reason some say yes, and some don't is because some Delsols had B16As in them, and those do not need axles, as they already have B series axles, but if the car has a D16/15 in it, it does need the B series axles. You say your has a D16, so you need the B series axles.

7. 386

ok thanks guys, my b18c should be here in about a week and a half :), anyone else ordering from hmonline?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted