b18c 99 civic si exhaust help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luishtw21

hey i just got my swap semi done. still a nob. i need to know if anybody knows what headers to use on this swap? its a 99 civic si and its got a 2000 gsr engine. i dont wanna go and buy some expensive headers so i thought i could maybe use stock parts.(find them cheap on craigslist) I need it to pass inspection since it has a salvage title. the other reason is i already have a turbo kit ready for it so i dont wanna buy a header for one day. (inspection day). any info would help me alot!!! also some info on the cat cause i do need to pass emissions! again, any info would help and be appreciate! thanks!!

Last edited:
get the gsr exhaust manifold and cat, it should then bolt right up to your stock exhaust system, and will def bolt to the engine.

thanks for the info! do you think it has to be out of a gsr? could it be one out of an ls? i just got the mani and y pipe from an ls and it seems long enough. i previously had one from a 95 gsr and it come out short and no o2 sensor bung. i also found one from a 99 gsr and it was short like the 95 one. i guess it has to be 2000 and up? thanks again!

gsr is for dohc vtec ls is the dohc non vtec so the exhaust would be wider for gsr and ls be smaller for fuel economy;)

thanks for the info guys. i got the cat yesterday from a friend. i did get the one with the o2 bung on it!! happy as hell!! i still havent tried to bolt the ls mani and y pipe to the motor. ill let youll know how it went. thanks again!

and you are right 1998hondacrxsiR1. the mani is thinner. but like my situation is, i just need it for a minute. so it dont matter. just wanted to know if it bolts on to the engine to save me work or not. which im doing this week so ill let youll know if it worked or not for me!

Last edited:
i have a 97 civic coupe im putting a GSR into, should i put a GSR header and cat (adjustable resonated test pipe) on then get a aftermarket exhaust like the SW2 for a ex/si? would that do the trick?

i wanna bang it all out in one go.

all you need is the gsr header and cat. after that that you can use any aftermarket exhaust or stock from a ex/si. thats what i did. i had a apexi exhaust. all worked.

Back