B18C and B16A distributor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sendeng911

hi, i just want to know if B18C and B16A distributor are interchangeable? What about their inner module, such as ignition coil, are they the same? Thanks for any info, coz i really need it.
tq.

as long as they are both either obd1 or 2 then they will be interchangable. if they are the same obd they everything will be a straight swap but say one is obd1 and the other is 2, they would have some slight wiring differences. they obd0 b16 distributor, however, is not intechangable with the obd1/2 distributors.

thanks for the info, sori for this dumb question again, how do I tell if the distributor is ob1 or obd2, is there any marking on the distributor itself?

look at the plug. if it has one plug with 8 wires, then its obd2. if it has 2 plugs (one with 7 wires, the other with 2), then its obd1.

:) ok.. so.. my B16A dist has two plug, and my B18C has one plug (double checked them), so I can't use the B16A distributor right, since the socket does not match? let say i cant use the B16A dist, can I dismantle it and swap its components into B18C dist? At this moment I m thinking about swapping the ignition coil and the ICM module.

Thanks

Back