1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18C and GSR head. Any problems

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 93Fury, Sep 21, 2004.

1. 93Fury

93Fury Member

Hey guys. I have a GSR bough from a salvage yard because he had a stolen motor in it. I get to keep everything, but I must drill the block so it is not useable, by order of the city police. My question is, can I use a B18C block (P73 pistons) with the GSR head? Im fairly sure the blocks are the same, I know the pistons are higher compression. Can someone shed some light on this for me.
    Thanks

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

yes. it will bolt right on. Just be sure to get some new gaskets.

3. mrnice1058

mrnice1058 Senior Member

wow that sucks that you have to do that can't you get a block and mess it up and say here is the block?

4. 93Fury

93Fury Member

Thanks alot guys! Going to get her while shes hot. Yeah, but they were cool. There gonna let me keep the head and tranny, since they arent sure if its stolen. Ones loss, my gain! :)

5. mrnice1058

mrnice1058 Senior Member

now you got me thinking do i need to keep the papers with me from where i got my engine at? and should i keep it in my car?

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you don't need to keep them on you... you hvae 24 hours to produce yoru license... im sure you at least have that to produce paper work.
    plus, if your car get sstolen with the papers in it- your now stolen motor has legit papers with it.

i dont evenhave any papers for mine... all i have is my paypal receipt. lol

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

thats why I said make photocopies, if the car gets stolen and they have the paperwork with it they still won't have the originals or the title.

I'd rather be able to produce the paperwork for the cop right then and there instead of having to drive back down to the damned police station the next day.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted