b18c build into 98ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whats up

Im new to the forums, and I just wanted to tell everyone what I've got going on for my ride. I dont consider myself a noob but this is my first swap and build. I have a 98 ex, the dizzy is already pulled. I also bought a Jdm b18c from HMO. The motor itself is in the shop in the process of being machined. What I've bought so far. JE pistons 84mm 9:1, Darton sleeves(coming shortly), eagle rods and eagle crank.

My intentions for the build is to hit 300 + with forced induction (Sc61). Not a hard goal for the B-Series. My problem is that I dont know a lot about this motor. Does anyone suggest any changes to the bottom end to keep the strength in the motor. Any one suggest any certain brands for gasket kits, know any problems I will have building or swapping.Im just asking who knows more than me

Im mainly looking for input from those whom dealt w this motor swap or build before. anything will help me in the future. thx

Why so much work to the motor for only 300?

I think you have everything covered for strength. Stock honda gaskets are pretty good. All you really need to do is put some ARP studs into it. Eg. headstuds to prevent the head from lifting on you and blowing your gasket. Maybe some ARP main studs too because whith a built engine like you are getting you may as well put them in there incase you get bored with 300 and want to crank the boost up a little.

yea ive already looked into the arp head studs and thats what i will probably go with. would there be any more concerns that i or my machinist should know about.

thx for input, anything else

yea im puttin a lot a work into this motor. previously i turboed the dizzy and through a rod through the block. i picked this motor (b18c) because it was more powerful and had a lot of potential for building. basically im going for fast car with no worries.

has anyone encountered any other problems building or swapping this motor.

Back