b18c build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kkloske

hello guys so i have a b18c in a 89crx si and i did a leakdown on it and on number1 and 4 i have massive blowby on the intake valves so im going to have the head sent off and reworked and ported and polished my question is what all should i have done to the head and what is the best size turbo should i be looking for im kinda new to the whole turbo thing and i just want a nice reliable daily driver not running on some crazy amount of boost does anybody reccomend a certain setup and if anyone has any recommendations id b glad to hear them cuz it just doesnt look like theirs rrom for a turbo under the hood of the rex then again it didnt look like there was room for the gsr:D

theres plenty of room for a turbo under the hood of the CRX.
if you are going to keep this car under 500-600whp, you do NOT need to do any head work. just have it fixed.
judging by no mention of forged internals, im assuming this is a stock bottom end. a feasible, reliable number on stock internals is somewhere around 250whp depending on the tune, and how well the enigne has been treated prior to the turbo install.
a .63A/R 57 trim Garrett T3/T4 will get you there just fine, and still have a little breathing room as well. one of these: Garrett 57 Trim Journal Bearing Turbo T3/T4 T3 T4 T04E - eBay (item 290462923581 end time Apr-07-11 14:57:26 PDT)

also, if you want reliability, make sure you focus on the little stuff. make sure your car doesnt leak/use oil, no check engine lights, and get a decent set of tires, suspension, and brakes before you do any of this.

Back