b18c eg swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cro

hey guys ive got a 92 eg civic (obdI i think im not sure) and ive just brought a JDM b18c engine (obdIIa), i have the engine harness, drive shafts, shift linkages, ecu, engine, gearbox, now my problem is that my civic is carby not efi so i still have to buy the fuel tank, pump an fuel lines. the part im not too sure about is ive been told that i have to buy the efi eg harness an fit it in my civic then someone else told me i dont have to do that all i need to do is run wires from the ecu to the engine bay for the efi parts, does anyone know about this or done this conversion in a carby model ? also ive just brought this conversion harness (obdI - obdIIa) from Honda/Acura OBD1 to OBD2 Conversion Harnesses will this plug into my carby civic plugs or not ? any information would be very much appreciated an will save alot of time lol cheers guys johnny

My question is how do you know your car has a carb on it? I am pretty sure that 87 was the last year that the US had a carb in a Civic. Do you have any pictures of the engine, especially the intake manifold?

I'm not aware of any carbed eg civics. I'm pretty sure they are all efi. I don't know why you would want to run your car obd2 because you will have to get a new distributor, injectors and alternator anyway. The only extra thing you would have to get is an obd1 ecu and it is much easier to tune than an obd2 ecu.

Where are you from?

sorry im not from the usa im from australia, and my front cut i have has the alternator an distributor on it so the obdIIa change shouldnt be a drama i dont think

Back